The Outreach Mission is in keeping with that of the University's, to enhance growth by seeking out all veterans, service-members, dependents and survivors in order to provide them the opportunity to enhance their lives by obtaining a degree here at MSU. The mission consists of building relationships in the community and beyond as well as increasing awareness of the Center throughout the civilian community as well as the military community.
- Reaching out to veterans and other military-connected students throughout Mississippi and the Southeast to inform them of their opportunities here at MSU.
- Advising prospective veterans and military-connected students on the admissions process.
- Advising veterans and military-connected students on their benefits and options.
- Giving campus tours to veterans, military-connected students and their families.
- Assisting in all initial paperwork for the GI Bill®, Federal Tuition Assistance, Tuition Assistance, and Vocational Rehabilitation.
- Providing liaison services to veteran and military-connected students (voice between students and departments).